Monday, May 16, 2011

A Trying Week

This has been a difficult week. Starting off with car accident...don't misunderstand, I'm so thankful for the outcome of no injuries and of course walking away...there were so many blessings. Noone on the sidewalk, noone seriously injured and only rumpled cars to show for such an event. I, however, I am sleeping poorly. Riddled with nightmares. I have never suffered with nightmares. One once in a blue moon, but not like this. Each night is something I have fear of or one of us is getting killed or trying to be killed. I've never really cried over the whole ordeal, and you know I cry over just about everything...I keep telling myself there is nothing to cry about other than the fact that I had the crap scared out of me for a few brief moments.

For a week, it's been phone calls with insurance companies and transportation arrangements, having to fight for a rental, (battle still in progress) forms to fax, and life, life just to keep on moving.

Today, one week later, they have (as we figured) decided my van is a total loss and are willing to give us the smallest compact car on the rental lot. Now, should I be grateful? I am. I am glad they have accepted full liability. However, I lost the only vehicle that carried my family of seven. A tiny compact car will not do. So, I call and wait yet again. A very dear woman from church as offered me the use of her car during the day as long as I have need of it, and I'm very humbled and grateful for her sacrifice. Thankfully we live only a minute away from the church where she works each day and it is a good arrangement. So today, instead of rumbling to therapy in a very bouncy bus, I drove a car again for the first time in week. I have to tell you I was a little nervous. Probably overly cautious, if there is a such a thing.

I spent the day Saturday in the kitchen, breaking down my grocery trip. I had meat to separate and freeze and food to prepare for Sunday. I tried a new recipe for supper and it was well received, I'm sure that one is going in the vault.


This morning as I was getting ready for the day, I happened to notice a tote in my closet that I thought was empty, I pulled off the lid revealing a small pile of summer clothes hand me downs for Lillian. I was ecstatic. I thought they had been thrown out somehow when we moved. I was so relieved and thankful to have found them. I had recently ransacked the garage and basement searching for these clothes, knowing I'd saved them. Perhaps I should go back to labeling. ;)

I have turkey loins in the oven for supper tonight and realize I've run out of potatoes, I feel this is surely a main dish that calls for mashed potatos. Tomorrow we are having Sticky Chicken, and I'm wondering what I will serve with that if we have potatos tonight. Oh the decisions I'm plagued with each day...NOT. OH----

My sister, my dear sweet sister had her surgery Wednesday and it was an uncomplicated success. She is already back home in full recovery mode. She sounded like her old self last night on the phone. Keep those prayers coming, as I know there is so much more of the journey for her to travel.

I guess my rambling must come to an end, I still have thank you cards to make for my sister in law, and my deadline is drawing near. My craft room is an absolute disaster, I so want to get in there to clean and organize, but a sweet little four year old has decided the bathroom is her new play house. *shakes head* I had a moment yesterday, missing those days when I used to be able to rip a room apart and put it back together without having to stop nine zillion times....ah such is life as a Mom.

No comments: