Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Butterscotch Rice Crispy Treats

Do you love the rice crispy treats? I do...but I'm not a huge fan of making them. I was given this recipe long ago and have found it easier to make and just as tasty. My first impression upon hearing the recipe made me cringe. While I liked all the ingredients separately, I thought it sounded nasty all together...until I tasted it. After that, I had trouble walking away from the pan....*sighs*...hence it does not get made often here, so I don't eat it all!
Super simple and quick.

Ingredients
3/4 c creamy peanut butter
1 bag butterscotch chips
5-6 c rice crispy cereal

Microwave peanut butter and chips until smooth, about 1 1/2 minutes, stirring until smooth. Stir in cereal to desired consistency and press into 9x13 pan. I butter the pan. Let sit, if you can, lol, and cut into squares, voila---let me know if you try it and if you like it. ALL of my kids love it as does my husband. It's a family pleaser! I'd post a picture, but they were all eaten before I had the chance.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I just noticed that picture of you and the fam! Good looking family, Michelle!

This recipe sounds awesome! But, I am the only one in the house who eats rice krispie treats. So, I don't make it much:(