Thursday, May 20, 2010

Under Pressure

I bought a pressure cooker. I've been wanting one for quite a while and finally took the leap and got one. It is the electric variety and I L-O-V-E it. I've made four meals in it so far and it has not been a disappointment. Here's the trouble...I need more recipes. Do you suppose I could just swap crock pot recipes? I'm just not sure. I love to cook and have lots of cookbooks, but in today's society I think the pressure cooker has gone by the wayside. I'm also excited bc we planted our first garden and I will be able to can in it as well. Who of you uses the almighty pressure cooker?? Got any good recipes? Are you afraid to cook under pressure? I assure you, it is safe, fast, and the results are scrumptious.

I also planted my first herb garden this year. I thought, at the time, I don't need to mark what they are, I'll know what they are when they are grown....well, that is a good theory, and I do know, HOWeVER, cilantro and flat leaf parsley are very similar, so I'm relying on my taste buds to help me out. LOL. It would also have been interesting to know what was what in it's baby stages. Oh well, live and learn.

Track has ended for Bethany and it is so nice to not have to leave and pick her up every day at five. I feel like my evening has returned. School will be out soon and we can enjoy summer and all that is has in store.

What are your summer plans? Do you have a garden?

No comments: