Saturday, November 15, 2008

Doesn't it boggle the mind sometimes?

Today it is nasty, windy, freezing cold and raining. I have not been to the store in about a month and of course Lillian has been horribly sick and I refuse to take them all to the Vortex (see previous post comments ) by myself. Cabinets are empty almost, scraping together meals for the last week, I know I have to go to the store today, but this also breaks my rule of going to Walmart on the weekends/evenings. Seriously, I HATE to go there on the weekends or Friday night. I think I will get up early, before the rest of the world gets up and go. I (big pat on the back) drag up at 0620, get my girl's treatment going and feeding and all that good stuff and sit up with her until about 730, wake up DH who I let sleep in, get myself ready and go. I grab some breakfast which was very nice...go to Walmart, Aldi, Bank, Sam's Club, Gas station, all of this in the lovely weather. Now, you can imagine how much stuff I have shoved into my van....and I've had to schlepp all of this stuff through the rain, pump gas in the biting wind, and it's almost twelve by this time. My pants are soaked about 6 inches up the back of my legs, my socks are soaked and literally, I can't feel my heels anymore. Schlepp all "crap" we can't live without into the house or start to and decide Matt can handle the rest. Guess what I get..."what are we having for lunch?" Really, truly want to pummel him. We go on about the day him eating a sandwich, there is a roast in the fridge that I have left too long so I set it out to get thrown away. Matt says, "can you boil that?" I'm like "why" he says "so I can take it to Paul (co-worker) so he can feed it to the wolves" Need I say more???? I'm going to be featured on that show, Snapped someday. I hope someone will try to defend my character....

3 comments:

Finding Normal said...

HA! Men are just so so clueless. I may have been tempted to throw the roast at him!
Glad you got out by yourself, and I hope you enjoyed it a tiny bit despite the weather. I take a book and find a quiet corner of the parking lot. And no one ever knows that Walmart wasn't sooooo packed that it took me 2 hours!
And for the record--the west side Walmart is much nicer. And if you're already over there for Sam's, then Coldstone is over there too. And they have a very quiet parking lot. ;)

angie said...

AHHH!! Don't you wish you could just stop going there....EVER! Men really are clueless about ALL that we do:). I'll defend your character...and the only way that I know you is through cyber-land:).

Vickie said...

I am visiting here from Finding Normal. I have some store stories as well. One lady actually said my kids were bad, no to my face, but what is worse? I sometimes will go to a doctors appointment early, just to get time to myself. The funny thing is, the receptionist knows, she finds it amusing. Sometimes, I wish I could whack my husband's head. don't feel like goin' to jail.
Take care.