Sunday, March 20, 2011

And if our God is with us...

I LOVED LOVED LOVED all the worship songs in the service today. Not that I dislike any songs, but today's music really spoke to me. I'm also totally blown away by having not one, but TWO dynamic pastors. They are both absolutely passionate for the Lord. Our youth Pastor gave the sermon today. It shouldn't be , but it is amazing to me to be so blessed by hearing both of these men lead in worship on Sunday mornings. Phenomenal. Really. Today we joined the church we have been visiting...and oddly enough I wasn't even nervous. We were presented to the church today for membership and were warmly welcomed afterwards. Perhaps because I was so drawn into preaching, it hadn't even occurred to me to be nervous. OR...maybe it's just not about me at all and I know that. No nerves necessary.

We came home, fired up the new grill and had bbq chicken, grilled garlic bread, and italian pasta salad. We took some plates to our neighbors and finished off with a lovely little chocolate cake dessert we were given as we left the church today.

I look forward to making new relationships in our new church home. It was very difficult for me when we transitioned out of the church I grew up in. This transition has been wonderful. I hope it's because I'm growing in the Lord. I believe this is the place He wants us to be. It is really indescribable how it feels to be in a place where I feel a large family is not only acceptable, but loved, no questions asked. To be in a place you know you are supposed to be.

What a blessed day this has been and the day is still early. :)

No comments: